You will have an opportunity to develop new skills, including specialized steel fabrication techniques specific to the shipbuilding industry — that rely on some of the most state-of-the-art equipment in the world.
If you are interested in being part of the regeneration of the Canadian shipbuilding industry and secure well-paid work spanning the coming decade and beyond, then please send us your application today!
We'd love to hear from you if you are a Red Seal Journeyperson Metal Fabricator OR have multiple years of fabricating experience in an industrial environment.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- CWB all position FCAW Tacking Ticket preferred
- ITA Marine Fitter Endorsement ideal
- Demonstrated passion for safety and environmental stewardship
- Good communication skills both written and verbal in the English language
- Ability to work positively in a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency reading and interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Demonstrated proficiency at layout and fabrication of metal structural parts such as plates, bulkheads, and frames
- Demonstrated proficiency in using jacks, turnbuckles, and fairing tools
- Need to be able to work in a construction environment involving confined spaces, working at heights, physical labor and various weather conditions
- Must be flexible and be able to work all shifts
This is a Union role with Marine & Shipbuilders - Local 506 and offers an excellent health, welfare & pension package after the completion of 480 hours. The full Red Seal Journeyperson will earn $47.42 p/hr. Plus benefits. (Overtime is double time).